Friday 11 November 2011

My Final Magazine Front Cover









Reflection on what I have learnt from researching film magazines 
From doing research on five film magazines I have the made this front cover trying to use as many typical conventions as I could to capture the right audience. I found that all of them had big and bold headings and eye catching images. I also challenged conventions with the name of the magazine. It is called take 3 because when you are filming and you say 'take one, take two, take three' etc but I originally had the three going down the side of the cover but I changed it to the number three as I fell it has a more professional and clean effect. Images are usually of the character or characters from the featuring film of the magazine. This is so that the audience know what they are going to be reading and can familiarise or recognise the character or film. I also noticed that as for all magazines, they have text telling you information or big articles down the sides of the magazine  and a subheading introducing the main subject of the magazine. They include different offers or exciting news to attract the attention of the audience,so I also tried use that on my own magazine, but showing the actors of my film, '36 New films 2011' and the website. This kind of information should keep my audience interested and want to buy and read the magazine. I also used the issue number, date and price and bar code to make it look professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment